PDA

View Full Version : I carry my Quick start board were ever I go.

jdolecki
11-18-2011, 10:51 AM
I keep it in my pocket and whenever i get a idea i can just hook it up and start developing right then and there.

The buttons and leds offer enough input to test just about any idea i have.

Here it is a my desk at work becaust I got a idea on some code.

What a great little board.

Tor
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
I carry around my board as well. That little box it came in is very nice in that respect. I also keep a short (20cm) stub USB cable in the same pocket. Now I just need a netbook computer which I can keep in another pocket and I'm all set. (Or get it to work with my Nokia N800). As it is I depend on carrying a bag with the laptop as well.

-Tor

KPR
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Does that book come with the board??

bozo
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Does that book come with the board??

are you referring to the photo? if so, that's no book, it's the lid/cover to the box that the quickstart is packaged in

bsnut
11-19-2011, 03:53 AM
I keep it in my pocket and whenever i get a idea i can just hook it up and start developing right then and there.
You really like this little board and wondering if doesn't prevent you from doing your day job.

lanternfish
11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
It is great to find that I am not the only prophead who carries a QS around. I am having great fun showing varous acquaintances the 'magic' that can be performed e.g. serial to DMX512, midi to DMX512, and vice versa. And I have a little TV out, Audio out & VGA breakout board that I can plug into the QS header to demonstrate those aspects of the Prop.

MagIO2
11-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeahhhh .... got mine !!!! And plans are to carry it around as well!!!

I think I'll simply make a sandwich out of it. Two plates of transparent plastic, one with cutouts for the pin-header and the pushbuttons.

But either me or the postman does not understand that customs duty stuff. There is a label on the package that I have to pay 16€ but the postman did not want any money. Same happened when I purchased my gadgetgangster-boards. ???????
;o)

PS: I also got a spinneret today ... also a nice board to carry around ;o)