PDA

View Full Version : Prop Tool System Error

mynet43
10-25-2011, 04:25 AM
I got a Windows 7 system error when trying to close the Prop Tool.

I had two files open, I saved them both, then tried to exit the application by clicking on the X-box.

That's where I got the system error dialog box. I closed this and then got a Parallax error dialog asking if I would like to send them an error report. I said yes, then described the error conditions and said 'send'.

When I did this, I got another error saying it couldn't connect to the internet. I have a good connection to the internet and everything else is working.

Does anyone know the correct way to get this info to Parallax? I think they might want to fix it. It seems like two bugs: one, the crash, and two, the fact that their feedback dialog doesn't connect to the internet correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)
10-25-2011, 04:34 AM
This happened to me once with WinXP. The error reporter connected to the internet okay, but Parallax's server didn't respond.

-Phil

Rayman
10-25-2011, 02:10 PM
I think they know about this problem already anyway... It happens to me all the time.
If you open a file from a temporary or special location, such as a .zip file or removed USB drive, the Prop tool will crash on exit...

sylvie369
10-25-2011, 03:12 PM
I think they know about this problem already anyway... It happens to me all the time.
If you open a file from a temporary or special location, such as a .zip file or removed USB drive, the Prop tool will crash on exit...

I had that same error a few years ago. It took me a while to figure it out.

mynet43
10-25-2011, 03:47 PM
OK, thanks.

I'm not sure they know about the internet connection problem.

Jim

David B
10-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I get these errors about once a week on XP. After the first few failures to send the error to Parallax, and no response after emailing Parallax, I don't even try sending the error any more. The propeller tool works great otherwise.

mynet43
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
OK, thanks Dave.

I guess enough said...

Maybe someone from Parallax will read this and respond.

Thanks for confirming that it's not just me.

Jim

Leon
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
It's a well-known bug.