PDA

View Full Version : Solved Help Needed Using Propeller with micro-SD Card Adapter

Juliet Oscar Echo
09-11-2011, 08:03 AM
New to the forum and this is my first post. I have limited programming experience and need help. My first introduction to programming was the BS2 a few years ago, then a year ago I decided to try my hands at the Propeller.

I'm trying to build an application that saves sensor data to an micro-SD card using the Gadget Gangster Propeller Platform USB with built in micro-SD Card Adapter. Currently I'm using the fsrw object suggested by the product manual to create a comma delimited string that saves to the output.txt file opened on the SD card. The goal is to then import the .txt file to Microsoft Excel for analysis. The problem is the file is just one long string. Is there any way to modify fsrw so it writes a new line to the .txt file when you write a new set of updated sensor data? That way when I import the .txt file into excel it will automatically put it into rows and columns instead of one long row.

The goal is to go from this:

time,var1,var2,var3,var4,time,var1,var2,var3,var4, time,var1,var2,var3,var4,time,var1,var2,var3,var4, time,var1,var2,var3,var4,

to this:

time,var1,var2,var3,var4
time,var1,var2,var3,var4
time,var1,var2,var3,var4
time,var1,var2,var3,var4

The final goal is to fly the propeller with a pressure sensor (Parallax's VTI SCP1000 30-120 kPa Pressure Sensor module) on board a model rocket and retrieve the data for performance analysis.

Thanks

kuroneko
09-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Assuming you use pputs now to write your strings simply add a number of pputc calls to add your required line delimiter(s), e.g.

pputc(13) ' CR
pputc(10) ' LF
Or make it (delimiter) part of the payload string when you construct it.

Juliet Oscar Echo
09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Thank you kuroneko. Works perfect.

prof_braino
09-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forums

Will you be posting any details on your project?

Juliet Oscar Echo
09-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks prof_braino, I would be happy to if I get it successfully off the ground. Would I post the details in this forum or elsewhere?

prof_braino
09-16-2011, 04:02 PM
You can post your code here in the thread to show it. Usually folks will look at it and give comments, which you can use or ignore as you see fit.

If you think others would use it, and you want a bit of techno stardom, you can post the code in the OBEX if you want to share it with other tehcno's, ensuring your immortality.

Between the start and end you can get lots of interesting input from other folks on the forums. Most are very knowledgeable and helpful. There's a few examples of "unmitigated cranky old man syndrome", but these are relatively few and far between. Mostly its otherwise fun.

Tell us more about what you are doing. Also check out the SD regression tests in propforth if you want to see an example implementation in forth as an alternative to Spin or C, etc.