PDA

View Full Version : BOE-Bot Talking

Erik632
06-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey i was wondering if its possible to make the Boe-Bot make actual words like hello power on or object detected?

Mike Green
06-21-2010, 08:24 AM
The BoeBot by itself cannot make words. There are MP3 players that can be controlled by a Stamp. There are speech synthesizers that can be controlled by a Stamp. You can even program a Propeller (like the Propeller Backpack) to speak or sing in 4-part harmony. There's sample Propeller code for this in the Object Exchange although it would have to be modified a little to work with the Backpack.

Franklin
06-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Not the bot itself but you can get chips that will talk that the stamp can control.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
- Stephen

Erik632
06-23-2010, 03:35 AM
so with basic stamp how would i make it talk like recorded noise?

Franklin
06-23-2010, 04:05 AM
You would get a chip or circuit module that can play sounds like a mp3 player. Google for microcontrolled sound player.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
- Stephen

electrosys
07-02-2010, 06:50 AM
I think a SpeakJet (single chip) would be a good choose too. SpeakJet is completely self contained, whit complex voice and sound synthesizer and unlimited ability of producing sound effects and speach. The SpeakJet can be controlled by a single I/O with UART serial (and also the Stand Alone ability)

SpeakJet:
http://magnevation.com/

Phrase-A-Lator:
The free software for the SpeakJet, when connected to a PC (Windows) through a serial port (UART) allows you to build and test phrases, sounds and much more...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔