PDA

View Full Version : Problems opening PropBasic Demos.zip file

MRainbow
05-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I have just started using the Prop and have been following the PropBasic thread with great
interest, but·I have had no luck·opening the Demos.zip file. I have tried Winzip, 7-zip, TUGzip etc
which are supposed to be x-zipped-compressed compatible but keep getting an error
"the compressed folder is invalid or corrupted". I am obviously overlooking something very simple and
would be most grateful if someone could put me on the right track here.

I am writing a PropBasic·program at the moment to simulate a Hammond drawbar organ, having had some
success with PICs, especially in the area of wavetable synthesis.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Mike

Post Edited (MRainbow) : 5/22/2010 1:14:44 PM GMT

Rsadeika
05-22-2010, 09:11 PM
I just downloaded the file, and I did not have any trouble opening it up. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system.

Ray

pullmoll
05-22-2010, 09:11 PM
MRainbow said...
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Perhaps you can attach it here for further inspection? (Up to 2MB)

On Windows there are problems if a Website does not announce a file as binary. If a text conversion is applied to a ZIP file, it gets corrupted most of the times.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Pullmoll's Propeller Projects (http://pmbits.ath.cx/prop/)

MRainbow
05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the quick response guys!

Pullmoll --- I tried to attach the offending zip file but got * You cannot upload files that use MIME type : application/x-gzip-compressed.

Thanks,

Mike

pullmoll
05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
MRainbow said...
Pullmoll --- I tried to attach the offending zip file but got * You cannot upload files that use MIME type : application/x-gzip-compressed.

Oh, so the upload form thinks your file isn't ZIP but rather [.tar].gz - interesting. I'd try reloading using a different browser or download tool until it works.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Pullmoll's Propeller Projects (http://pmbits.ath.cx/prop/)

JonnyMac
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
It can be a browser thing; I've found Firefox won't let me upload, Explorer does.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jon McPhalen
Hollywood, CA