PDA

View Full Version : WAV player rate issue

bongk
05-21-2010, 04:28 AM
OK so I've downloaded both of the WAV players from OBEX.
Generalized WAV Player v4.1 from David Sloan
Wav Players v1 from Raymond Allen.

When I use Playwav_16bitStereo.wav from Raymond's object my Wav files play great.

When I use the WaveExample.Spin from David's library my WAV files play slow, probably about 30% slower than they are supposed to.
I made no changes to the wav example or other downloades spin files except to change the wav file name.

Any thoughts what I should look into to fix things so I can use David's generalized wav player? I really like the objects/functions he created, otherwise I'll have to recreate them using the code from Raymond's wav player.

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Kye
05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
David's one is really weird.

Use mine, it works alot more smoothly.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=889772

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Nyamekye,

jmspaggi
05-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi Kye,

Do you know if there is an ogg player anywhere? I searched on OBEX with no success.

Thanks,

JM

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Linux? There is worst, but it's more expensive.

bongk
05-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks Kye!

P!-Ro
05-22-2010, 08:42 AM
With the wav player in the obex it seems the speed varies on how the audio file was converted into wav format.

@Kye--wow, I like the idea of being able to adjust the sound. I'll have to mess around with yours and see if it will run on my setup.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Got 150 pounds of bot and growing.

P!-Ro
05-22-2010, 08:59 AM
BTW--ever get it running with fsrw?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Got 150 pounds of bot and growing.

Kye
05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
The low level SPI driver is the FSRW driver.

The upper level is a custom FAT file system driver I plan to release soon.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Nyamekye,

JAGO
03-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Hi bongk,

I'm trying with Playwav_16bitStereo.spin from Raymond's object but i can't work... can you say me how you conect the speakers for listen the WAV files?? or you give me some help with this...

many thanks.