View Full Version : Help!!! No basic stamp found
02-15-2010, 08:30 AM
when i try to load a program to my basic stamp i revice this anouncement "NO BASIC STAMP FOUND"
I do not know what can i do....
i attach a photo of my circuit...
02-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Have you looked for previous discussions of your problem? It's been asked about and answered many many times before. There's a "Member Supported FAQ" that discusses this that you can find as a "sticky" thread in this forum at the top of the thread list.
1) There's no power for your Stamp or there's something inadequate about the power source.
2) There's something wrong with the connection between the Stamp and the Stamp Editor on your PC. If you're using a USB to serial adapter, it may be one of the ones that can't be used for programming a Stamp. Good ones include those using the FTDI chip or Keyspan's High Speed Serial Adapter.
3) If you're using a USB to Serial Adapter, you may not have installed the manufacturer's driver. The default Windows driver won't work for programming a Stamp.
02-16-2010, 06:17 AM
I have some other tips:
4) Inspect conection some cable (laplink) have crossed wires on pins 2 and 3
5) if you have USB serial adapter look for port number assignement (st. is helpful chnge port number to 1-4)
6) on one computer i have trouble in sync. - stamp is randomly invisible, i solve this by disabling FIFO buffer.
Every problem·have at least one·nice, simply and·wrong solution.
02-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Note you need two small (0.1 uF) capacitors, and a jumper between DB-9 pins 6 and 7. Look at the BOE schematic to get the right circuit to hook up the DB-9 to the BS2 serial port.
A good indication as to the reason is often explained in the Identification operation; what do you get for Echo and Loopback when you run "Identify" from the BASIC Stamp Editor?