View Full Version : Nominations for top OBEX contributions
12-19-2009, 12:23 AM
It's a time for giving and I'd like to take the time to publicly thank a few forum members
for their top software contributions to OBEX and the Prop in general.
These are a few of my personal top picks. (I know I'm going to add more!)
Mike Green -:- FemtoBASIC
Potatohead -:- 8x8 character driver
Ariba -:- Midi driver
Ahle2 -:- SIDcog
Tomas Rokicki -:- FSRW
trodoss -:- Character/font editor
These and others have really enriched my Propeller time. Thank you!
Do you have a few objects that you just couldn't live without?
Nominate them to this thread and say "Thank You!"
New to the Propeller?
Visit the: The Propeller Pages (http://www.warrantyvoid.us/tiki-index.php?page=Propeller) @ Warranty Void.
12-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Thank's for the nomination OBC... but to be honest FSRW is a main part of almost every project I have done with the propeller.
So I would like to thank Rokicki as well.... THANKS MAN. http://forums.parallax.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
12-19-2009, 01:46 AM
You guys are really nice. But Lonesock gets credit for fsrw too.
I'm sure there will be plenty of other nominations.
12-19-2009, 01:54 AM
More thanks for Rokicki. FemtoBasic is based on his Basic and depends on FSRW as well.
I particularly like the 24 channel fast ADC object: obex.parallax.com/objects/403/ (http://obex.parallax.com/objects/403/)
Powered by enthusiasm
Hi OBC and Gang;
Since I live in the world of assembler, I have not yet visited to OBEX, so can't yet really comment on my use/respect for the numerous offerings there, but would like to offer up recognition for a non-OBEX contribution.
To me, in the real-time assembler world, the greatest contibution by a MILE is the PASD debugger created by Ariba/Andy.
It just plain *works*, and I use it every day. In fact, I don't know how I would get around without it now. It almost bug-free and it provides one a real goood insight to the inner workings of the Prop.
Thanks so much for providing this wonderful tool.!!!!!
12-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I would like to endorse lonesock & rokicki for the fsrw (with acknowledgements to others such as Mike Green as I used his derivative first).
Also, I would like to·nominate the non-obex contribution by BradC and his bst compiler/ide.
There are so many others, but in my view, these are two outstanding contributions.
Links to other interesting threads:
· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBlade (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=786418),·RamBlade (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=849265),·SixBlade (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=780033), website (http://bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm)
· Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=790917)
· Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=753439)
· Emulators: CPUs Z80 etc; Micros Altair etc;· Terminals·VT100 etc; (Index) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=778427) ZiCog (Z80) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=788511) , MoCog (6809) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=811043)
· Search the Propeller forums (http://search.parallax.com/search?site=parallax&client=parallax&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=parallax&proxycustom=<HOME/>&ie=&oe=&lr=)·(uses advanced Google search)
My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz (http://www.bluemagic.biz)·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm (http://www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm)