View Full Version : Help with coginit2
12-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Cloud you help me please with coginit command? More explain declaration for this command...
In main program I need call code, that must running (for short time) in second cog. Data from second program I will use in main program.
All is in one projekt and in asembler.
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Beginer: Welcome to the forum.
When you download the PropTool, it also downloads a number of other things. From the PropTool's Help command you will find the manual which describes the instructions. This is a good place to start for the coginit command.
Also, the FullDuplexSerial object will have been downloaded. This shows how to start pasm code (the fdx driver cog) and how it is used to pass data between cogs. In this case, it is between spin & pasm, but you will get the idea from this.
BTW It helps to post the code you are using (use the code box from "post reply" to keep the formatting).
Links to other interesting threads:
· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBlade (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=786418),·RamBlade (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=849265),·SixBlade (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=780033), website (http://bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm)
· Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=790917)
· Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=753439)
· Emulators: CPUs Z80 etc; Micros Altair etc;· Terminals·VT100 etc; (Index) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=778427) ZiCog (Z80) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=788511) , MoCog (6809) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=811043)
· Search the Propeller forums (http://search.parallax.com/search?site=parallax&client=parallax&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=parallax&proxycustom=<HOME/>&ie=&oe=&lr=)·(uses advanced Google search)
My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz (http://www.bluemagic.biz)·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm (http://www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm)
12-12-2009, 05:26 PM
This is first time I heard about this problem. Let me research on this topic. I will inform you
Post Edited By Moderator (Bean (Hitt Consulting)) : 12/13/2009 3:12:32 PM GMT
12-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Have a look here: Assembly step by step (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=647408)
Covers some basic assembly and the first step is to launch a cog with some assembly.
p.s. Will you change your profile name when you are an expert?
12-12-2009, 07:18 PM
You should use CogNEW instead of coginit
cognew takes automatically a free cog.
With coginit YOU have to take care wich cognumber you use
If this cog that you specified in the coginit-command is already in use
the coginit-command will stop this cog and start it new
if you ALWAYS use cogNEW you don't have to care about this problem