PDA

View Full Version : max 1270

huib
11-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Dear all,

At the monent I am working on a small project with uses an AD Converter MAX1270.

I have found different programs and schematic for this, but till now i was not able to get it working
If i look on the makers instruction i find a different layout than other on this forum

Can somebody indicates where i can find a (working) schema for the Max1270 with an bsxII

your assistance is highly appriciated

Regards

Huib

и

PJ Allen
11-26-2009, 10:44 PM
The MAX1270 is used in the Stamp_PLC, but, uncharacteristically, there is no schematic of that product available.

Aи"bsxII"?и Is that a Parallax product or some knock-off?

Provide details.

huib
11-27-2009, 12:34 AM
No it is just a matter of typing to quick
It should have been BS2sx instead

however the question remains the same;

on certain schematic is mentioned that:
a) vdd / shdn to ground two (0.1 uF and 10 uF)
ref to ground one 4.7 uF
refadj to ground 0.1uF
b) vdd / shdn to ground one capacitor (0.1 uF)
ref to ground one 4.7 uF
refadj to ground 10 nF
and the 3rd
c) between shdn and cs a resistor of 4.7k
ref to ground 4.7 uF+
refadj to ground 0.1 uF
and from the makers MAXIM it looks like option b)

in all cases i get no data out of the max1270

(or did i just have killed the unit?)

so for that reason i was hoping to get a working schematic from somebody

kind regards
huib

sam_sam_sam
11-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I look at the data sheet and itи look very much like the MAX186 in way you call up each channel
I just wrote a Demo code for it give this a try and let me know if this work
I order some free sample of the MAX1270 and I will them a try my self as well

иThis table is the same for the MAX 186 part of what is posted below is from the MAX186 Data Sheet and
иthe other part is from the MAX1270 Data Sheet
Table 2. Channel Selection
SEL2ииии SEL1иииии SEL0ииииииии иCHANNEL

ииииXииии Xиииии X
иииии 0иииииииииии 0иииииииииии 0иииииииииииииии иииииииииии CH0
иииии 0ииииииииии и0иииииииииии 1ииииииииииииииииииииии ииии CH1
иииии 0иииииииииии 1ииииииииииии 0ииииииииииииииииииииииииии иCH2
иииии0ииииииииииии 1иииииииииииии 1ииииииииииииииииииииии ии CH3
ииии 1иииииииииииии0ииииииииииии и0ииииииииииииииииииииии ии CH4
иии и1иииииииииииии0ииииииииииии и1иииииииииииииииииииииииии иCH5
ииии 1иииииииииииии 1ииииииииииии и0ииииииииииииииииииииии ии CH6

иииии1иииииииииииии 1ииииииииииииии 1иииииииииииииииииииииии ииCH7

Bit 7ииииииииииииииииииии Bit 6ииииииииииииииииииии иBit 5иииииииииииииииииии иBit 4иииииииииииииииииии Bit3иииииииииииии иBit 2ииииииииии ии Bit 1иииииииииии Bit 0

(MSB)иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии иииииииииииииииииииии (LSB)

STARTииииииииииииии SEL2иииииииииииииииииииии SEL1ииииииииииииии SEL0иииииииииииииииииии иUNI/BIPииииииииииSGL/DIFииии иии иPD1иииииииии PD0

Bitиииииииииииииииии Nameиииииииииииииииииии иDescription

7 (MSB)иииииииии STARTиииииииииииииии The first logic "1" bit after CS goes low defines the beginning of the control byte.

6иииииииииииииииииииии SEL2иииииииииииииииииии These three bits select which of the eight channels are used for the conversion.

5иииииииииииииииииииии SEL1ииииииииииииииииии иSee Tables 3 and 4.

4иииииииииииииииииии SEL0

3иииииииииииииииии UNI/BIPииииииииииии 1 = unipolar,ииииии и0 = bipolar.ииииии Selects unipolar or bipolar conversion mode. In unipolar

иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии mode, an analog input signal from 0V to VREF can be converted; in bipolar mode, the

иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии signal can range from -VREF/2 to +VREF/2.

2иииииииииииии иSGL/DIFиииииииииииии1 = single ended,иии и0 = differential. Selects single-ended or differential conversions. In

ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии single-ended mode, input signal voltages are referred to AGND. In differential mode,

иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии the voltage difference between two channels is measured. See Tables 3 and 4.

1ииииииииииииии ииPD1иииииииииииииииииииииииии Selects clock and power-down modes.

0(LSBииииииииPD0ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииии PD1ииииииииииииииииииии PD0ииииииииииииииииииииииии Mode

ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииии 0ииииииииииииииииииииииииии 0иииииииииииииииииииииииииииии Full power-down (IQ = 2μA)и works

ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииии 0ииииииииииииииииииииииии и 1иииииииииииииииииииииииииииии Fast power-down (IQ = 30μA) works

ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииии 1иииииииииииииииииииииииииии 0ииииииииииииииииииииииииииии Internal clock modeи works

ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииии 1иииииииииииииииииииииииииии 1иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииExternal clock mode

ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииииииии ^иииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ^иииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ^и This mode dose not work

Example: Simple Software Interface

Make sure the CPU’s serial interface runs in master

mode so the CPU generates the serial clock. Choose a

clock frequency from 100kHz to 2MHz.

1) Set up the control byte for external clock mode, call

it TB1. TB1 should be of the format: 1XXXXX(11ии<<<<........ Look at the tableи^^ Above ^^иfor )

Binary, where the Xs denote the particular channel

and conversion-mode selected.

иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииCHANNELsиииии unipolarиии single ended

иииииииииииии STARTииииииииииии ии ии SEL0и SEL1ииSEL2иииииииииUNI/BIPиии SGL/DIFииииии ииии иPD1иииииииииииииииииPD0ииииииииииииииииииииииии
и [%ии 1иииииииии иXи Xи иXииииии и1ииии и и1ииииииииииии и0иииииии и1и ]иииFast power-down

DO
и LOW CSииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииии ии' Enable ADC
и SHIFTOUT DataIn, Clock, MSBFIRST, [%10001101]ииии и' Select CH0, Single-Ended [%1XXX1101]
и SHIFTIN DataOut, Clock, MSBPOST, [result0\12]ииииииии ' Read ADC
и HIGH CSииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии ииииииииииииии' Disable ADC
и mVolts0 = result0 */ Cnts2Mvиииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии' Convert To Millivolts

иPlease Let me know if this help

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
ииThanks for anyиhttp://forums.parallax.com/images/smilies/idea.gifиthat you may have and all of your time finding them http://forums.parallax.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

и
и
и
и
Sam

Post Edited (sam_sam_sam) : 11/27/2009 2:37:59 AM GMT