View Full Version : Another Serial Question (again)
04-06-2009, 07:23 PM
When i try to send "!aannttccffCR" CR is Cariage Return @ 9600bauds
I get !aannttcc then comes a betha ascii (FE in hexa)
But @ 115200 I get the good string...
I'm using extended_FDSerial
Shorter Strings are good int the two cases
What's wrong with that?
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
If I recall correctly the buffer is only 16 characters (longs) long. If you are using the correct call you may not be waiting for space to be available in the buffer.
Secondly, are you closing the FDX after transmitting as you also need to ensure the characters have been sent first. Easy to check this one - use waitcnt(clkfreq/100+cnt)
Links to other interesting threads:
· Home of the MultiBladeProps: TriBladeProp (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=786418), SixBladeProp (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=780033), website (Multiple propeller pcbs) (http://bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm)
· Single Board Computer:·3 Propeller ICs·and a·TriBladeProp board (ZiCog Z80 Emulator) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=790917)
· Prop Tools under Development or Completed (Index) (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=753439)
· Emulators: Micros eg Altair, and Terminals eg VT100 (Index (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=778427))
· Search the Propeller forums (via Google) (http://search.parallax.com/search?site=parallax&client=parallax&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=parallax&proxycustom=<HOME/>&ie=&oe=&lr=)
My cruising website is: ·www.bluemagic.biz (http://www.bluemagic.biz)·· MultiBladeProp is: www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm (http://www.bluemagic.biz/cluso.htm)
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM
If i set tx_buffer to tx_buffer (ie)
it doesnt work at all...
Is there something else to change to upgrade the size of txbuffer?
04-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Here's a modified version of FullDuplexSerial that can have buffer sizes that are a power of 2 up to 256. I've not tested it other than making sure it compiles, but the changes are simple. I also added a "txflush" method that waits for the transmit buffer to empty, then waits for the last character to be transmitted by the assembly cog.
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
thanks i'll see that